Thursday 2 May 2013

In the print room

Today I got to work in the the print room. At the beginning of the week I had selected some available screens but they were blocked. As a result I worked hard trying to get them cleaned up which took me two days. I had to use a bleach like solution and leave it on for several hours at a time and this pushed the dirt out. 



I was very pleased with the end result and from here I exposed my designs onto the screens ready to start printing.


I bought some linen and some raw silk and mixed up lots of colours. 


I am sad to say I will be moving out of my studio space this weekend with only 18 days left until we hand in our final major projects. But of course this is just the beginning of a hopeful textiles career!

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.