Wednesday 28 March 2012

Dry Felting

Here is some of my latest work. We had a felting project at university and I ended up using the embellisher to dry felt. I was inspired by the children's book Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy that a friend recommended. I drew some dogs and scanned them into the computer, then had them digitally printed onto transfer paper which I ironed onto some fabric. I previously screen printed patterns of doors, chimneys and garden gates which I had felted onto and embroidered into. I finished off the designs with some little hats made from felt for the dogs. I am really pleased with the outcome. I proceeded to cover an old chair and I thought the samples looked good displayed in these embroidery hoops. X 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I look forward to hearing what you have to say,
Reading lovely comments will always make my day.